Tuesday, March 31, 2009

If We want a Space Program, we need to demand a space program, define problems it can address, and justify its cost....

The White House1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NWWashington, DC 20500

http://www.whitehouse.gov/

Dear Mr. President
I have heard about the problem concerning the asteroid DD45. I would like to offer my recommendation to solving the problem. From what I understand the asteroid is orbiting the earth at an extremely close range. In a short while this asteroid is predicted to smash into the earth. I have done some research and I gathered that it would be too dangerous to try to smash DD45 out of our orbit. It might mess up the earth by blocking out sun light or by interfering with the gravitational pull. What I suggest is one of two things.
1. Instead of knocking it out of orbit why don’t you blow it up? I don’t mean blowing it to little pieces. I mean if you let’s say used some powerful type of missile you can bombard it from different directions so any particles will be completely destroyed.
2. If you had a few spacecraft’s flying right next to DD45 you can maybe anchor a steel rope or the like to it. Then you can slow it down and bring it to earth.
I hope this was helpful. Good luck in office.
Gedalya Y. Krycer
gedalya@krycer.com
Astronomy Strudent
Texas Torah Institute
17738 Davenport Rd.
Dallas, TX 75252

No comments:

Post a Comment